Wednesday 18 April 2012

First post eh?  Shall I begin like David Copperfield?  I am born...?  or shall we skip over the unrelated childhood experiences and get right to it?


Well--in two weeks I'll be finished the post-graduate computer animation program at Sheridan College, and what an experience it has been.  I came in with zero (0) 3d knowledge and a background in fine arts and illustration.  Had I the forethought--or the time--perhaps I could have chronicled my experiences during the program, but for now the end result will have to suffice.


As the last details are being put in to the film as I type, please enjoy some 2d work I've done, and still from the animation.  It's a combination of personal and professional work done over the past 15 months.  The finished film will be posted next week.

This is Stan.  Stan is an actor in a science fiction movie called StarRanger.  He's filming a scene, and can't get past the first line.  Hilarity ensues.


***SPOILER ALERT*** the alien is made of cardboard.  This was a render I did for the credits.  

Now on to some traditional and digital 2d

I know I scribbled "life drawing" in the corner, but actually this pose comes from  Virtual Pose 3 a handy book if you don't have any life drawing classes available to you.


Some drawings from my time at the Academy of Realist Art in Toronto.


Ah Photoshop--my life would be so dull without you--waiting for paint to dry...






 More to come...



No comments:

Post a Comment